Dr. Shu developed the J face Lift, a smaller version of a mini facelift that focus on the lower face and chin. Under local anesthesia, the J shape incisions around the earlobes and the front of ears are made, the Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System (SMAS) is threaded with longlasting or permanent sutures to tighten the jowl area and upper part of the neck.
The J facelift is a great option for patients who want a more youthful look, but have little time to spare from work and other normal activities. Most patients are able to return to work in a few day of their procedure.
Advantages of J facelift:
- Office procedure under local anesthesia
- 1-2 hours surgery with small incisions
- Long-lasting effect with longlasting or permanent sutures
- Rapid recovery with minimal swelling and bruising
- No hair loss or ear deformity, less visible scar
- More natural appearance, no wind tunnel effect
- Lower cost than a full facelift or other mini facelift