Dr. Steven Shu, MD, MBA
Dr. Shu is an office proceduralist, specializing in office based medical and cosmetic procedures and surgeries. He provides a wide range of cosmetic procedural and surgical services above and beyond typical aesthetic medicine and performs numerous office procedures every year. On top of his clinical work, Dr. Shu was an Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota medical school from 2007 to 2012, teaching weekly office procedures to resident physicians.
After graduating in 1984 from the distinguished Shanghai Medical University, Dr. Shu completed his surgical residency and worked as a surgical attending physician until arriving in the United States in 1991. After completing a surgical internship at Flushing Hospital in New York, he followed up with office-procedure-orientated residency training at Michigan State University from 1996 to 2000. He obtained his Physician E-MBA from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville in 2005.
Dr. Shu is board-certified through the American Board of Laser Surgery and American Board of Family Medicine; he is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Medical Association (2004 – 2020)
- Minnesota Medical Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- International Society of Cosmetogyncology
- American Board of Laser Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (2010 – 2019)
- American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery (2011 – 2019)
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physician
Dr. Shu has continued his advanced education in cosmetic surgeries over the years, having trained with many cosmetic and plastic surgeons. Dr. Shu has adopted countless revolutionary techniques to achieve ideal results with more efficiency and safety.
Dr. Shu was trained to perform the following cosmetic procedures and surgeries:
- Natural Breast Augmentation, personally trained under the inventor, Dr. Todd Malan at the Innovative Cosmetic Surgery Center in Scottsdale, AR.
- Vaser Hi Def™ Body LipoSculpture, personally trained by the inventor, Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, along with Dr. John Millard, and David Broadway at the Advanced Body Sculpting Institute in Colorado).
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® and Designer Laser Vaginoplasty®, personally trained under the inventor, Dr. David Matlock at the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of America in Beverly Hills, California
- Breast cosmetic surgeries under local anesthesia and IV sedation, personally trained under Drs. Marco Pelosi III at the International Society of Cosmetogyncology in Bayonne, NJ.
- IDEAL Breast Lift™ for Augmentation/Mastopexy, personally trained under the inventor, Dr. Ted Eisenberg at the East Coast Center for Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Philadelphia, PA
- Blepharoplasty and Advanced Periorbital Rejuvenation, trained by Dr. Susan Hughes at the Hughes Center for Aesthetic Medicine in Cherry Hill, NJ.
- Facelift, Browlift and blepharoplasty, training by Dr. Joe Niamtu at the JOe Niamtu III Cosmetic Facial Surgery, Midlothian, VA
- Aesthetic Breast Surgery and Abdominoplasty, trained by Robert Jackson in Hamilton Surgical Arts, Indianapolis, IN
- Aesthetic Eyelid and Facial Rejuvenation, trained by Dr. Robert Goldberg, Catherine Hwang, and other faculty in Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA.
- Cosmetic Surgery of the Breast, Face/Neck & Abdomen, trained by Dr. Angelo Cuzalina, James Koehler at the Tulsa Surgical Arts, Tulsa, OK.
Outside the office, Dr.Shu has regularly participated in an international mission organized by NSVI to the Haiti and Philippine as part of a global effort to control the population in the developing countries with rapid population growth.
Now Dr. Shu is the founder of two medical mission groups, Surgeon Volunteers and Medical Volunteers International (MVI) , new non-profit organizations dedicating the medical missions in the poorest countries around world.
He has completed a total of 13 mission trips to Haiti, Cambodia and the Philippines in the past six years.
Dr.Shu also dedicated his time to community activism. After forming the Minnesota Chinese Physician Association (AMCP) in 2003, he led its members and community volunteers in establishing the Minnesota Chinese Health Center (MCHC), a free clinic for disadvantaged Chinese in the Twin Cities. He was also publisher of Minnesota Times, the most widely circulated Chinese newspaper in Minnesota.